2018 COMBO & Specialty Camps - COMING SOON!
Looking for a camp that is specifically designed with your child's interests in mind? Then our Specialty Camps may be the perfect fit! Baroody Camps offers a variety of specialty camps throughout the summer. We work closely with area vendors who are experts in a variety of interest areas to allow your child the opportunity to choose camps that they will truly enjoy and will enrich their understanding of the world around them. See the schedule and class descriptions for 2018 - COMING SOON!
**See what we did last summer below!
2018 Summer Offerings: COMING SOON!
2018 Schedule of Classes: COMING SOON!
1. LEGO Combo Camps--Hosted by Play-well TEKnologies
- June 26th-30th: Lego Jedi Engineering for K-3rd (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- The Force Awakens in this introductory engineering course for young Jedi! Explore engineering principles by designing and building projects using LEGO® materials such as X-Wings, R2 Units, Energy Catapults, Defense Turrets, and Settlements from a galaxy far, far away. Create motorized and architectural projects with imagination and engineering to defeat the Empire!
- June 26th-30th: Lego Master Engineering for 4th-6th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- The Force Awakens in this advanced engineering course for young Jedi! Discover key engineering concepts such as gear trains, worm drives, pneumatics, and eccentric motion. Build projects using LEGO® materials such as X-Wings, AT-AT walkers, Pod Racers, Star Destroyers, Cloud Cities, Settlements, Fortresses, and other complex machines and structures from a galaxy far, far away.
- July 31st-Aug 4th: Lego Intro to STEM for K-3rd (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- Tap into your imagination with tens of thousands of LEGO® parts! Build engineer-designed projects such as Boats, Snowmobiles, Catapults, and Merry-Go-Rounds. Then use special pieces to create your own unique design! New and returning students can explore the endless creative possibilities of the LEGO® building system with the guidance of an experienced Play-Well instructor.
- July 31st-Aug 4th: Lego STEM Challenge for 4th-6th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- Power up your engineering skills with Play-Well TEKnologies and tens of thousands of LEGO® parts! Apply real-world concepts in physics, engineering, and architecture through engineer-designed projects such as Catapults, Pneumatic Cranes, Arch Bridges, and Battletracks! Design and build as never before, and explore your craziest ideas in a supportive environment. An experienced instructor will challenge new and returning students to engineer at the next level.
August 14th-18th: LEGO Jedi Craft Adventure Game for K-3rd (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
Mine, craft, and build the Star Wars universe using LEGO® parts! Roll the dice to gather Jedi resources. Then build a Pod Racer, craft a Droid, or create the Treehouse Village of Endor! This novice Play-Well game using LEGO® materiasl is inspired by the Minecraft tablet game and the Star Wars fantasy setting.
August 14th-18th: LEGO Jedi Craft Survival Game for 4th-6th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
Mine, craft, and build the Star Wars universe using LEGO® parts! Roll the dice to gather Jedi resources. Then build a Starship, craft Light Sabers, and use the Force to survive Empire attacks. This advanced Play-Well game using LEGO® materials is inspired by the Minecraft tablet game and the Star Wars fantasy setting
2. Movie Making & Stop Motion Animation--Hosted by Incrediflix
July 10th-14th: Live Action Flix for 2nd-6th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
Do you want to have a blast making a movie? You don't have to be an actor to star in these movies that you make from "Action" to "That's a wrap." We'll guide you through the Hollywood process as you brainstorm, location scout, bring in props and costumes, act and direct in a collaborative movie that will be fun for the entire audience. *All flix downloadable within a month after camp ends.
July 24th-28th: Animation Flix for 2nd-6th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
In this fast paced camp, students will create up to 5 stop-motion animated flix! Each day you'll use a new style of stop-motion, combining the favorites of past years with some completely new styles, making this camp new each year for everyone to enjoy! It's the ultimate arts and crafts camp where campers create, direct, and film their movies in age-appropriate groups. *All flix downloadable within a month after camp ends
- July 17th-21st: Decorating Cake Pops for 1st-4th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- This Week we will focus on Cakepops! We will learn how to make the dough as well as how to decorated them. Chocolate will be our main ingredient. During this class we are going to have so much fun creating all sort of Cake pops and cake balls. We will be create from animals to fruit, all of them edible.
- August 7th-11th: Decorating Cupcakes for K-4th (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
This week we will learn how to decorate cupcakes. We will work mostly with fondant in order to create beautiful edible art and we will learn different techniques to frost a cupcake! No need to say that we are going to have fun while we let our imagination create fun art!
4. American Girl Doll Camp!--Hosted by Baroody Camps
- July 17th-21st: American Girl Doll for 1st-4th Graders (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- Do you love the famous American Girl Dolls and all the books? Then this camp is for you! With over 60 dolls from today and yesterday, there is so much fun to enjoy. We’ll do more than just play with and accessorize our dolls; we will sew, paint, design jewelry, and much more.
5. Sports Camp--Hosted by Baroody Camps
- June 26th-30th, July 31st-Aug.4th, Aug. 14th-18th for 1st-4th Graders (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- Campers will love the non-stop action in our sports camp. We will play tons of sports and PE games with breaks for breathing and eating throughout the day. Campers will be guided by some of the most energetic counselors who are sure to leave each day almost as exhausted as the kids.
6. Dance Camp--Hosted by 5-6-7-8 Dance
- July 31st-August 4th for 1st-4th Graders (Location: Grace Episcopal School)
- Join us for an exciting 5-Day Dance Camp where students will learn a variety of dance genres from Ballet to Jazz to Hip-Hop and More! This camp is great for students who want to try different styles of dance. No prior dance experience is needed and all levels of dance backgrounds are welcome. The ballet portion focuses on the basic ballet positions, terminology and movement. Students will learn a variety of ballet movements including balance, jumping, stretches and basic turns. The jazz portion of the class is fun way to learn about proper jazz dance technique, body awareness and muscle control while moving along to a variety of different music genres. In the hip-hop portion of the class students will learn choreographed and freestyle hip-hop dance movement giving them a chance to express their own style set to upbeat pop and hip-hop style music. Our version of hip-hop dance uses tasteful dance movement and age appropriate music. The creative movement portion will focus onencouraging students to use their imagination and creativity while exploring different movements to encourage the development of fine gross motor skills, social interaction and confidence. Our class focuses on a proper warm-up, stretching, muscle control and dance terminology. Dance attire is totally optional though loose-fitting or athletic attire is best. At the end of the dance camp week there will a presentation for family and friends where the students will have the opportunity to present the different styles they have learned during the session. All students will receive a Certificate of Participation.
***Although dance attire is optional, dance shoes & dance clothing can be purchased through the following recommended sites:
Specialty Camps Offered in the Past:
- Dance & Gymnastics Camps through our partnership with 5-6-7-8 Dance
- Fish N' Fun, Kayaking, & Hike Virginia Camp through our partnership with Virginia Outside
- SSAT Prep Classes through our partnership with Laura Livesay (private tutor)
- American Girl Doll Camp run by Baroody Camps, Inc.
- Music Camp through our partnership with Rock of Ages Music, Del Ray
- Kindergarten Prep Camp
- Read, Write, and Relax Camp created by ACDS learning specialist Kathy Heder